Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Back to School project!

Today is my last Sunday of summer where the only thing I "have" to do is enjoy my church service and play with my darling children.  My district heads back for teacher workdays next Monday.  Along with that comes the Sunday afternoons that are filled with last minutes lesson plans and adjustments, answering emails, and so on. 

Of course, no teacher goes all summer without working on classroom ideas!  Here is my newest project that I am super excited about!  Of course, I had a perfectly fine system of having kids make lunch choices, but when I saw this idea on Pinterest, I just had to have one of my own!  At the bottom, I will clip pictures of the daily lunch choices.  My school usually has 2 or 3 choices, so I had to have a second cookie sheet.

The best part of this system (in my opinion) are the cute name magnets.  Here is a close-up:
Do you know how easy these are to make? (And cheap!!!)  I got a bag of clear "stones" from the Dollar Tree, slapped some Modge Podge on the flat side, cut out scrap book paper circles with the kiddos' names on them, some more Modge Podge on the scrapbook paper and voila!  When I get to school next week I just have to put some magnetic tape on the back and we are set to go!  And at the end of the year, they will have a cute little name magnet to take home! 

All-in-all, this project cost me so little.  The stones were $1, each cookie sheet was $1, the spool of blue ribbon was $1 (and I have oodles left over).  I had the scrap book paper and the letters already and I also have the magnetic tape so this was super cheap!  Oh, and the Modge Podge!!...Now, I may be one of the thriftiest people on the planet, so it would have killed me to buy a jar of $7 Modge Podge.  I just make my own by mixing half white glue and half water.  SO...CHEAP... and works just as well!

Fun projects like this just make going back to school so much more exciting!  What are you working on for your classroom???



No comments:

Post a Comment