Saturday, October 20, 2012

Spookley Freebies




Have you met the adorable square pumpkin by the name of Spookley?  If not, you have not been to Pinterest Land lately.  He's all over Pinterest and TPT, so I had to know what all the hype was about.  Luckily, we were introducing central message this week and Spookley was the PERFECT story to kick off with!  We used this foldable graphic organizer that I made to help retell the story on one side, and write the central message on the other side.  It worked beautifully!  You can grab a copy for free at my TPT Store.
  

Then, we made our own unique Spookley-inspired pumpkins and wrote about the central message of the story.  The pumpkins definitely turned out interesting ;) .  This was a challenge (like most things when we're talking about a K/1 combo) to differentiate the writing piece, since kindergarten does not really talk about central message and first does.  So, the kindergarten writing component has a traceable "I am a ___ pumpkin.  I like___."  This turned out really well.  Here is a picture of our completed pumpkin patch:
I love the uniqueness of the pumpkins.



First Grade
Kindergarten - I LOVE that he sounded out "bumpy"!


 Click here to get your copy of the writing papers for free!


Here's one more fun thing to share.  My kinder kids have been working on making numbers 6-10 using a five group, so we made this fun anchor chart by tracing their hands.  Then, we painted our handprints making a number 6-10 and writing a number sentence.  I love it!

Sorry for the blurry pic!  School lighting!

1 comment:

  1. What a collection of unique gifts! I'm glad to be a new follower. Stop by anytime!

    ReplyDelete