Sunday, December 9, 2012

12 in 12




I'm linking up to this fun party over at Miss Kindergarten and a Teeny Tiny Teacher to share my top 12 of 2012!!!  Head over to link up your blog!

12. Favorite Movie You Watched

I am not really a "go to the movies" kinda gal (so expensive!), but I did splurge to see Hunger Games, and I loved it!  I read all of the books and the movie was not a disappointment! 

 11. Favorite TV Series

So, I AM a TV person.  It is oh-so-embarrassing how many shows I watch!  My all-time favorite show is Glee.  It is beyond corny but I am show-choir girl at heart <3  That's right, friends, I'm a Gleek!


10. Favorite Restaurant

Anything that serves sushi, really.  

9. Favorite New Thing You Tried?

Blogging!  I'm still so new at it, but I love it!  I know that I need to devote more time and energy, that's my New Year's resolution!

8. Favorite Gift You Received

Number one best gift of the year was the amazingly well thought-out handmade birthday celebration from my husband and my little (ok, no-so-little) babies  big boys.


"Happy Birthday Mom" Painstakingly spelled out by my 4 year old and a heart-felt drawing from my 3 year old.  My heart is full.  A mom couldn't ask for more!


Look at those decorations!  (And notice through the window the hubby cooking me a bday feast!)

7. Favorite Thing You Pinned

Only one?  Really?  

I'll be the first to admit.  I am a Pinterestaholic.  And the thing is, I don't just pin.  I have this need to try to make everything I pin.  Seriously, I have a problem.  Is there a job where you get paid for trying out pins?  Because I think I'd be very successful at that job.  Since I know I could never pick a favorite pin, I'll share the pin I'm currently attempting.

This requires a small back story.  My darling sons have become extremely interested in Legos lately ( my husband is not-so-secretly rejoicing that he gets to play Legos again).  They are at the top of the Christmas Lists this year.  So, when I saw this pin I knew I had to try to recreate it.  Here is what I have so far (more work to be done):

Before                                                                                  After
Obviously, I have lots of work to do, but I'm excited about how it looks so far!

6. Favorite Blog Post

Well, here's the link to my very first post.  It doesn't have anything spectacular in it but it took me forever to write.  I went back and forth for so long wondering if I should even start this crazy little journey.  So glad I did!

5. Favorite Accomplishment

No Question:
These little guys are my world.
4. Favorite Picture
That's so hard too!  When you have little kids in your life, it's hard to pick just one favorite.  I love the pure joy in this picture though!
 

 3. Favorite Memory

My family vacation to New York this summer.  And when I say New York, I mean State, not City.  I'm from Western New York, about as far from the city as one can get while still being in the state of New York.  I love visiting home.  Don't get me wrong, I am in love with NC, but there is something about going home that just makes a girl smile! :)

2. Goal For 2013

Blog.More.  Period.

1. One Little Word

Faithful.

That's it.  That's all she wrote folks!
















5 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up!
    I think you're idea of trying out pins in real life is solid! Your new project looks amazing.
    I bought legos for all my nephews . . . apparently the new thing is Mining Legos. ??????? But I got them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can't wait till it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your family is adorable and I love what they did for your birthday! You are one lucky lady!

    Your newest follower,
    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm your newest follower! I'm a K/1 teacher too. Well, I loop. I'm 1st this year...Your boys are too cute! They look to be the ages of my two little ones. :)
    Christy
    Mrs. Christy’s Leaping Loopers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I would love to loop. I did a k/1 combo 2 years ago then had some of the kinders the next year as first graders and I loved that! I knew exactly where they were from Day 1!

      Delete